Founded in 1964, the Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter (UNYOC) is one of 13 regional chapters affiliated with the Medical Library Association (MLA).
Our purpose is to serve the professional interests and needs of New York and Ontario librarians by:
- Providing an international forum for communication and networking
- Providing opportunities for professional education, development and recognition
- Acting as a common voice for the membership
- Working with MLA to optimize the contributions of, and benefits to, UNYOC members
- Promoting the profession of health sciences librarianship and information science
- Reviewing Chapter activities periodically to ensure their relevance.
About the Medical Library Association
Founded in 1898, the Medical Library Association is a professional organization of more than 1,200 institutions and 4,000 professionals in the health information field. MLA fosters excellence in the professional achievement and leadership of health science library and information professionals to enhance the quality of health care, education, and research.